The training techniques in the Chest Sculpting Blueprint will get you a better chest than 90% of other trainees in the gym, especially if you use specialized exercises like the neck press or dips.
However, if you want to reach your FULL potential, if you want that true herculean look that makes people’s jaws drop when they see you topless or in a thin t-shirt, then you’ll have to do something more.
Why No Single Exercise Is Good Enough For Full Chest Development
Dr Jose Antonio, who is widely recognized as one of the leading researchers in muscle hypertrophy, has written a comprehensive literature review on the topic of regional hypertrophy, published in the Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research.
According to Dr Jose, electromyographic studies indicate that different sections of a muscle are recruited depending on the type of exercise being performed. He states that…
“No single exercise can maximize the hypertrophic response of all regions of a particular muscle. Thus, for maximal hypertrophy of an entire muscle, athletes (particularly bodybuilders) are justified in incorporating various exercises that purportedly stimulate growth in a regional-specific manner.”
…Dr Jose, Journal Of Strength And Conditioning Research.
Larry Scott had thick upper pecs and a great mid-pec separation line. He didn’t get this from just doing one exercise.
To get that truly powerful looking chest, you want your chest muscles to expand in every direction to give your chest good height and good width. You want to build your chest upwards toward the collar bone, downwards to achieve good separation from the abdomen, inwards toward the breastbone (sternum) to get that clear pec separation line, and outwards for achieving width by growing the triangular mass of muscle that connects your chest to your shoulder on either side (outer portion of pectoralis major).
Here’s an illustration of the different sections of the chest you can target using different exercises:
As an ADVANCED Chest Sculptor, rather than just doing dips or the flat bench press, part of your goal is to develop every region of those pec muscles, focusing on the lower, upper, inner and outer pecs, with the goal of widening out that chest in every direction, giving it a square, masculine and rock-like appearance. This involves doing multiple different exercises for each muscle group.
When Should You Start Shaping Your Chest?
A few people have told me that they don’t know whether to start using chest-shaping techniques now, or to wait until they’ve finished the Chest Sculpting 12-Week Beginner’s Program.
Well, if in doubt, do as the old classic bodybuilder did.
Reg Park, arguably the most impressive bodybuilder of the pre-steroid era, the guy who trained Arnold Schwarzenegger, did exactly that. Here’s what Arnold had to say about Reg Park’s theory:
“Reg Park’s theory was that first you have to build the mass and then chisel it down to get the quality; you work on your body the way a sculptor would work on a piece of clay or wood or steel. You rough it out – the more carefully, the more thoroughly, the better – then you start to cut and define. You work it down gradually until it’s ready to be rubbed and polished.”
Back in the old classic, pre-steroid era of modern bodybuilding, bodybuilders would spend most of the year growing mass – putting on shear muscle bulk. Then, several weeks before competition, they would start chiseling it down to get the shape right.
The thing is, when it came time to chisel it down, they would inevitably lose some mass. When you start to focus on the shape of your chest muscle, you are likely to find that the overall size of your chest muscles decreases.
So before you start to shape it up, it’s important that you have a large bulk of muscle to work with.
But How Do You Do It Differently If You Have Man Boobs?
If you have man boobs, and you are in a hurry to lose them, then you can start adding in some chest-shaping techniques from the outset.
Rather than just focusing on mass in the outset, you can, for example, do one mass-building exercise, and add in just one set of a chest-shaping exercises at the end.
A well-developed, wide chest is a mark of a powerful man.
But what are the best chest-shaping exercises when it comes to losing man boobs? How do you shape your chest without losing all that mass you worked so hard to achieve? How do you add extra chest-shaping exercises into your routine without overtraining your muscles?
I answer all these questions and more, and really go into detail about chest-shaping techniques in the Advanced Chest Sculpting Series. Here are some of the things I cover in this program:
- What to do if your lower chest is bigger than your upper chest(hint: standard incline work usually doesn’t work). Make man boobs go away with enough upper-pec thickness, and you’ll be ready for that beach holiday in a few short weeks!
- How to get that mid-pec separation line (hint: you need to target the upper inner quadrant of your pecs). A pec separation line that goes all the way up to your collar bone is a mark of elite chest development. Get this, and girls will love feeling your chest, and guys will keep asking you how you train.
- How to make man boobs vanish by increasing the width of your chest and growing your chest muscles in every direction.
- How to get thick arms with powerful-looking biceps (warning: the standard dumbbell/barbell curl will give you odd-looking, almost deformed round biceps – avoid this exercise at all costs!).
- Using range of motion (doing partial reps), grip width and inclines & declines to shape your chest and the rest of your body at will. Discover how to get perfect proportions everywhere in your body, so people’s jaws DROP when they see you at the pool or at the beach.
- Discover chest-shaping secrets of the pre-steroid era bodybuilding champs.
- How to add muscle-shaping exercises seamlessly into your workout routine. (Problem: With full-body workouts, you train up to an hour a day, 3 days a week. If you train much more, you’ll go into overtraining and your muscles won’t grow. So how do you work in extra muscle-shaping exercises to your routine? I show you how in the Advanced Chest Sculpting Series (Issue 2)).
- Different step-by-step chest-shaping workout routines for you to follow.
Click the following link to discover muscle-shaping secrets that will make you the envy of every other guy at the gym: