I just came across a powerful bit of research today that confirms a weight loss secret I’ve believed in for years.
This is a study published no earlier than 2015 in the journal, Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise.
The study took 140 participants and put them into 3 different weight loss groups:
1. Diet & Aerobic training (3 times/week, 40min/day)
2. Diet & Resistance training (3 times/week, 10 exercises at 2 sets of 10 repetitions)
3. Diet only
By the end of the study, all three groups lost an average of 25 pounds of weight. This shows that diet is the single most important factor when it comes to weight loss – something I’ve been saying now for a long time. But there’s more to this study…
The study also measured the following:
- Non-training physical activity energy expenditure (NEAT) (the energy you spend when you’re doing daily activities like walking to the grocery store).
- Resting energy expenditure (REE) (the energy you spend when you’re watching TV, sleeping, etc.)
- Physical activity index (ARTE) (the amount of physical activity you do in a day)
NEAT and REE both decreased for the diet only group, but did not decrease for the exercise groups. ARTE increased only for the resistance training group.
What Does This All Mean?
Here’s what we can draw from this study:
- Diet is king when it comes to weight loss. Because no matter whether they did diet alone or exercise AND diet, they all lost the same amount of weight. If there was an exercise-only group, I bet they would have lost far less weight than any other group.
- But diet alone will kill your metabolism, so you are burning less calories throughout the day in your everyday activities – it gets harder and harder to keep losing weight, and it’s difficult to maintain your newfound weight loss.
- When you lose weight via both diet AND exercise, your metabolism stays up, so your weight loss doesn’t stall so quickly.
And there’s another lesson here which I think is the really cool one. Here it is…
- Resistance training makes you more physically active.
Resistance training makes you stronger, so climbing the stairs doesn’t seem so difficult. Getting up from the couch, walking, and carrying the shopping just feels that much easier. So next time you’re going out and you’ve left something upstairs, you’ll be that much more likely to go and get it yourself, than to ask someone else to get it for you.
Not only is resistance training the best form of training to lose weight and lose man boobs, but it’s the best form of training for improving your quality of life. It will put a spring in your step, and make moving through the world, and moving through life that much easier.
If you are young, resistance training will give you muscles, so the girls will fancy you. If you are a bit older, it will make you stronger so you can better protect the ones you love. If you are in your 60’s and beyond, the added strength will help prevent falls and strengthen your bones so you don’t get fractures if you do fall – so you live better and live longer.
And let’s not mention the fact that resistance training not only helps HIDE man boobs by giving you that muscular look, but also helps GET RID OF man boobs by boosting testosterone, boosting growth hormone, and torching that chest fat.
So, get yourself a set of weights, or hit the gym, and get lifting today. Your muscles will be sore at first, but if you keep at it, the soreness will go away and your body and your life will thank you for it.
If you’d like some help along the way, I’ve written a guide that will show you how it’s done. It’s called the Chest Sculpting Blueprint. It may be called “Chest” Sculpting, but the exercises in the book are for training your WHOLE body, not just the chest.
Believe it or not, the secret to losing man boobs is through training the WHOLE BODY, not just the chest.
When you train the way I show you in the Chest Sculpting program, not only will you lose your man boobs, but you will also benefit from muscle and strength gains all over your body.
You’ll get that spring in your step that makes you more active throughout the day, so you lose fat from all over your body – your chest, belly, love handles and butt. You’ll get that muscular body that makes you look and feel more manly. You’ll get stronger so you can lift heavy things, hold your ground in a fight, and prevent falls and fractures in old age.
Simply put, this style of training will make you look better and feel better, and it will improve your lifestyle better than any other form of exercise that’s out there.
Learn more about how you can get started here: