The Two Key Factors For A Successful Diet

Spread the love
  • 2

2 Keys To A Successful Diet

There are two key factors that decide whether a diet will work or not. The diet has to work physiologically, i.e. it has to actually stimulate fat-loss in your body (yeh, that one’s obvious I know). Secondly, it has to require little or no willpower.

You and I both know that willpower doesn’t work. If we could all rely on willpower to get us where we wanted to go, then all of us would look like men’s magazine cover models right now. But the truth is only a very few people on this earth have been blessed with a strong willpower.

The only way for the average guy like you and me to shed those pounds and sculpt a perfectly trim, sexy beach-body, is by being able to rely on something that needs little or no willpower at all.

For most of my life I believed the secret of fat loss and a lean physique lied in focusing my willpower, and somehow getting my willpower to beat my constant cravings for sugary, fattening and delicious food. My willpower would go up and down like a yo-yo. It’d be strong at times when I looked in the mirror and felt like a ‘fat shit’ (yeh, I used to call myself that all the time, not very good for the psyche), I’d swear that I’d do whatever it takes to lose weight, but then that powerful willpower would be miraculously absent just before a meal – as soon as my nose picked up the aromas of my mom’s cooking.

The Willpower Of A Low Carb Diet

So we know that the low carb, insulin reducing diet works on a physiological level, but how much willpower does it take? How do you give up on some of the most delicious choices for snacks like cakes, biscuits, sodas and chocolate?

Well firstly, you don’t have to give up on your favorite high-carb foods completely. Just follow the Pareto principle, more commonly known as the 80/20 rule. Avoid grains and refined carbs completely, roughly 80% of the time, and the other 20% of the time, go treat yourself with a chocolate fudge-cake with chocolate custard, mmm.

Now although it’d probably still work, you don’t have to take this literally and go 8 days low-carb and 2 days carb-crazy. One thing you’ll find is that as you slowly get into the whole low-carb and insulin reduction thing, your sweet-tooth will slowly diminish. There’ll come a time when you will have to force yourself to go through a whole day eating nothing but carbs. What I suggest you do with the 80/20 rule is just be low-carb most of the time, and allow yourself the occasional high-carb treat during special occasions, say when you go out for a meal or you’re having guests over.

But you’d still need quite a bit of willpower the 80% of the time you’re not digging into those carbs. Where’s the solution for that?

Unlike with a lot of other diets, the solution here is not to replace that bar of creamy chocolate with an apple or a stick of celery. Apples and celery are great for your health, and I do recommend you eat them (and all fruits’n veggies) in abundance, but they’re not very satisfying replacements for a bar of chocolate, bag of potato chips, ice cream, or a slice of cake.

The solution is to replace delicious high carb snacks with equally delicious fat and protein snacks.

Chicken nuggets, meatballs, sausages, eggs, half a cup of full-fat cream, sticks of cheese or butter, almond butter, jerky, canned salmon, tuna or sardines, sliced meat… the list goes on.

Awesome Low Carb Snacks

When you make the switch to low-carb, there’s no limit to how many snack options you can find

It’s funny how when I tell my clients they should no longer eat cakes, biscuits, potato chips, chocolate, or anything that contains flour, sugar or grains, they give me a confused look and ask me “What else will I eat?” Once you start to get into the whole high-fat high-protein diet, you’ll quickly realize there’s no limit to the different types of meals and snacks you can have.

Back in my man boob days, I became vegetarian for a short while to try to get rid of my man boobs. As a meat eater you don’t think there are many options available for vegetarians when it comes to decent warm meals, but you’ll be surprised how much more wide and varied vegetarian food can be compared to meat. I only found out after I became vegetarian, when I was forced to open my eyes. The same will happen when you become a low-carb, high-fat guy.

Oh, and by the way I’m back to eating meat. You don’t need to be vegetarian to lose your man boobs. It’s actually very difficult to lose your man boobs as a vegetarian, for reasons I’ll explain later.

What Is The Best Diet For Losing Man Boobs?

If you have man boobs, then the two keys I mention above will take you a long way. However, if you want to lose your man boobs any time soon, you’ll want to add in the other key secrets John reveals in the following video:

https://chestsculpting.com/how-to-lose-man-boobs-naturally-free-video/


Spread the love
  • 2
  • 2

Leave a Comment